Job Search Tips :What to Look For in a Healthcare Staffing Company
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008
There are many advantages to working for a healthcare staffing company. For people starting out and those considering a change in focus, this work allows time to explore a variety of career options. Many nurses and healthcare workers turn to staffing companies to supplement their income. Some prefer the variety of work that staffing companies can offer. They enjoy the constant challenge of new assignments and new people. Veteran nurses who teach or have moved on to other fields often use this work to maintain their skill level. Also, staffing companies offer retired nurses the opportunity to earn extra money by working occasionally.
Some healthcare staffing companies provide a more satisfactory work experience and better benefits than others. If you’re considering working with a staffing company, look for the following:
- A variety of job options, including occasional and permanent positions, short- and long-term assignments, and flexible scheduling. You want a company that can provide work that fits your schedule.
- A company that takes a personal interest in helping you meet your goals. You want a company that values your preferences when matching you to a job. Is 24-hour support provided should you have a question, problem, or concern?
- Most staffing companies today offer employment benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401(k) plans to employees who work a certain number of hours.
- Free continuing education programs to meet re-licensing, re-certification, and professional development goals. Does the company offer assistance if you need to update your license?
- Travel opportunities, usually short-term assignments, allow you to explore new cities and facilities without relocating. Does the company arrange travel and accommodations?
- If you’re considering relocating, choose a staffing company with a nationwide reach.