The Case Manager will be responsible for coordinating continuum of care activities for assigned patients and ensuring optimum utilization of resources, service delivery, and compliance with medical regime.
There are 2 positions available. Both require experience with Microsoft Explorer, Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, Windows, and Care Management Assessment. One position will focus on Medical Management and the other on Healthcare Administration.
• Perform and coordinate the initial assessments and ongoing reassessments of the patient’s status.
• Document patient case information within a database system.
• Perform chart review/audits monthly or as needed.
• Participate in monthly case conferences by providing information pertinent to patient’s needs/goals.
• Partner with the Program Director in development and review of the patient’s individualized coordination of care plan.
• Ensure that the patient's medical needs are addressed; consult with the patients physicians as needed, coordinating plans of treatment, and advocating for the patient when necessary.
• Promote understanding of the medical factors affecting the targeted population.
• Identify and assist patient in accessing entitlements, resources, information, and referrals for psychosocial needs.
• Participate in Quality Assurance and Utilization review activities, as directed.
• Empower patients in decision making for care planning.
• Maintain accurate and timely patient information, which readily accessible for review and meet all requirements; assist in data collection for reporting/funding sources.
• Foster intra-facility and inter-facility working relationships to help accomplish goals. Act as a liaison between primary care providers, specialist, and/or patient.
• Advocate on behalf of patient regarding accessibility of services.
• Follow State/Country mandated guidelines for the nurse case management programs.
• Participate in outreach activities to the entire target population, as directed.
• Recommend program/service changes to meet gaps in service in the community.
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum RN with Bachelors in Nursing, Master in Nursing or Public Health preferred.
• Current RN License.
• Prefer at least one year of Case Management experience.
• Current BLS card per contract requirements.
• Current physical exam per state or contract requirements.
• Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
• Must pass all Maxim screening exams with 80% or greater.
• Must pass criminal background screening.
• Current TB or Chest x-ray.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.