Provides direct patient care to patients in the immediate post-anesthesia care setting.
• Coordinates patient care. Communicates with surgeon and anesthesiologist continuously as needed about patient conditions; receives direction for patient management. Intercedes to maintain optimum homeostasis.
• Demonstrates knowledge of preoperative factors that alter immediate postoperative phase. Utilizes nursing procedures as a media for communication and interaction with patient.
• Identifies physical symptoms/changes and takes appropriate action in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates knowledge of airway management and procedures and the ability to use the equipment. Demonstrates ability to assess cardio-respiratory systems for changes and provide appropriate treatment.
• Observes behavioral and physiologic changes due to medications; takes appropriate action and documents. Adjusts and acts upon expectations of patient's behavior according to the effect medication has on the patient. Follows the five medication rights and reduces potential for medication errors.
• Demonstrates ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Uses appropriate pain management techniques.
• Demonstrates knowledge of anesthetic drugs, actions and side effects. Demonstrates knowledge of arterial lines, central lines, spinal/epidural catheters and how to document.
• Carries out medical/surgical asepsis during treatments and special procedures. Carries out established techniques for safe administration of medications and parenteral fluids, according to hospital policy and procedure. Carries out safety measures to prevent patient from harming self or others.
• Provides explanations and teaching to patient/family, as necessary. Protects patient's sensitivities and right to privacy; maintains confidentiality at all times.
• Treats patients and families with dignity and respect. Maintains confidentiality at all times with patients, medical staff and co-workers.
• Completes work in acceptable time frame and in a way that is productive and effective. Willing to take on new work routines/methods. Demonstrates flexibility. Meets and practices facility's performance standards.
• Other duties as assigned
• Current RN licensure in the state in which RN is working.
• Current TB test or x-ray.
• Prefer at least 1 year of work experience in PACU.
• Current BLS card.
• Must pass all Maxim screening exams with 80% or greater.
• ACLS and PALS certification per contract requirements.
• Must pass criminal background screening.
• Physical exam per state or contract requirements.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.