Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking experienced Operating Room registered nurses for full-time contract opportunities at hospitals in the greater Seattle area! These full time assignments would begin ASAP and would run for a minimum of thirteen (13) weeks. These positions require an RN with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the OR and at least 40 hours of availability per week.
Medical/Dental and Vision is available for those employees who qualify! If you or someone you know meet the qualifications above, please contact us today! Referral bonuses are available!
If you are interested in this opportunity or any others that I have come into the office on a daily basis, please give me a call in the staffing office at 206-527-1911 or send an email with an updated copy of your resume today and I would be happy to reach out to you!
Interested in travel nursing? Call the staffing office today for more information on a lucrative and exciting new career path!
Derek Edwards - Recruitment Specialist
Maxim Staffing Solutions - Seattle
• Demonstrates and practices aseptic techniques.
• Adheres to standards and appropriate aseptic techniques, including:
1) pre-operative hand scrub
2) gowning and gloving
3) instrumentation and supply set up
• Sets up room for surgical procedures and identifies instrumentation and supplies.
• Sets up room quickly and correctly, with minimal supervision
• Pulls correct instruments and supplies
• When scrubbed, sets up back table and Mayo stand according to facility's procedures.
• Demonstrates ability to concentrate and quickly respond appropriately to directions given by circulating RN or physician(s).
• As a circulating, nurse, assists the scrubbed team for additional staff, supplies, procedures, and other services.
• Participates in all instrument, sponge counts, and other counts as designated by the facility's policies and procedures; to maintain a safe patient care environment.
• Maintains and updates surgeon's procedure preference cards as changes occur.
• Maintains supplies in assigned operating room.
• Fosters a cooperative effort in meeting the goals of nursing and sharing the workload.
• Communicates a positive and caring attitude toward the area, peers, staff, patients, and other contacts; demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in meeting the needs of client facilities, patients, and staff.
• Seeks guidance, direction, and assistance when needed.
• Identifies own limitations and seeks guidance as required.
• Recognizes and utilizes appropriate lines of communication.
• Accurately communicates needs to co-workers and supervision.
• Maintains confidentiality of all patients, and hospital-related communications/documents.
• Maintains clinical skills and expands knowledge base through participation in continuous education programs.
• Assumes responsibility for self development.
• Seeks to obtain a level 3 proficiency in his/her area(s) of clinical expertise.
• Keeps informed of changes in practice through organizational participation and/or reading current literature.
• Uses knowledge and practice in accordance with:
1) standards of patient care
2) JCAHO, State, and local laws
3) Patient's Bill of Rights
4) Maxim's nursing and client facility policies and procedures
5) Professional standards
• Documents activities according to facility policies and procedures.
• Represents the Surgical Services as a responsible paraprofessional in appearance and demeanor.
• After accepting a Maxim Healthcare facility assignment, arrives at the facility before the schedules shift starts to sign in at the nursing office and report to the unit on time for orientation and/or report.
1) Work assignments are completed during the assigned shift, unless overtime is approved by the Area or Facility Supervisor.
2) Dress/attire worn to the hospital is clean and professional. Wears and uses designated surgical attire appropriately.
3) Serves as a role model through the support of other facility and Maxim co-workers, adheres to specific facility/unit standards.
• Current RN License for WA State
• Current Healthcare Provider CPR Card and ACLS Card
• Current TB test or Chest X-Ray
• Two forms of identification
• Two (2) years of scrub or circulating experience (experience with both is preferred)
• Neurosurgical experience also strongly preferred
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state in which he/she practices
• Documentation and confirmation of one year of operating room clinical experience in an acute care hospital within the last three years preferred. Page 3 of 4 RN Surgical Services OR
• Current BLS card.
• Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
• Physical dexterity and perceptive acuity (e.g., visual, hearing) to satisfactorily perform all required duties.
• Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
• Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
• Successful completion of the Maxim screening for the clinical specialty area(s) with score of 80% or higher.
• Maxim background screening.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.