The Nurse Practitioner will evaluate, assess and determine the needs of each inmate. This position also provides psychiatric care to inmates housed at an institution, treatment of existing psychiatric problems, and recommending treatment periodic physical exams. Duties will also include identifying and evaluating mental health issues, development of medication regimens and treatment plans for patients with mental illness.
• Assessing clients, synthesizing and analyzing data.
• Understanding and applying principles of healthcare at an advanced level.
• Managing the physical and psychosocial health status of clients.
• Analyzing multiple sources of data, identifying alternative possibilities as to the nature of a health care problem and selecting, implementing and evaluating appropriate treatment.
• Making independent decisions in solving complex client care problems.
• Diagnosing, performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, prescribing – prescribing, administering and dispensing therapeutic measures, including legend drugs, medical devices and controlled substances within the scope of Registered Nurse Practitioner practice on meeting requirements established by the board.
• Recognizing the limits of the nurse’s knowledge and experience, planning for situations beyond the nurse’s knowledge and expertise and consulting with or referring clients to other health care providers when appropriate.
• Delegating to a medical assistant pursuant to section 32-1456
• Performing additional acts that require education and training as prescribed by the board and that are recognized by the nursing profession as proper to be performed by a nurse practitioner.
• Assist medical providers as needed; assess chronic, acute and emergency health care needs of inmates with respective documentation and provide therapeutic interventions as ordered by the provider.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Current psychiatric nurse practitioners license with appropriate state
• Current CPR certification.
• Familiarity with OSHA regulations related to universal precautions and hazardous materials.
• Progressive experience as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
• Certification (within respective state) as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. Prescribing and dispensing authority is required.
• Must possess an understanding of safety and security measures of a correctional environment.
• Good written and verbal skills.
• Knowledge of communicable disease principles and understanding of Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Occupational Safety Health Association (OSHA).
• Ability to work with multiple disciplines and work cooperatively with correctional officers.
• Must pass all Maxim screening exams with a score of 80% or greater.
• Successful completion of Maxim’s background screening process.
• Current TB results or Chest X-Ray (per State or contract requirement).
• Current Physical Exam (per state or contract requirement).
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.