We are looking for a dedicated Nurse Practitioner to work with a juvenile correctional center located near Ithaca.
This position offers excellent flexibility on schedule but we are looking for someone with availability during the day.
The ideal Nurse Practitioner will excel at working with people from a diverse background and has the ability to connect with individuals.
If you are interested in learning more about this position or if you would like to apply for this position please contact me.
Maxim Staffing Solutions
Phone: 443-860-5560 or 1-877-863-8791
• Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and services for quality patient care; record the normal and abnormal data for review by the physician.
• Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations; write progress notes; prepare patient workups and summaries noting positive and negative findings; obtain psychosocial history relevant to patient care, and assume responsibility for developing therapeutic relationships with patients.
• Order and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
• Carry out therapeutic procedures such as cast application and removal, wound suturing and dressing changes; monitor progress of patients, report progress to supervising physician, and maintain record of each patient’s progress, consulting with supervising physician when patient’s progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
• Provide patient education.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Work requires completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner program. Active state nursing license required.
• Prefer at least one year of experience as a Nurse Practitioner in a hospital or related medical facility.
• Must pass all Maxim Screening tests with an 80% or greater.
• Must pass criminal background screening.
• Must have current BLS card.
• ACLS/PALS (per contract requirement).
• Current TB results or Chest-X-Ray.
• Current physical exam per sate regulations and contract requirements.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.