Maxim Healthcare has a DIRECT HIRE Nurse Practitioner opportunity near Ottawa, IL! This is a great opportunity to get started in your career! New Nurse Practitioners welcome to apply!
*Collaborate with 3 psychiatrists
*Strong assessment skills
For immediate consideration please contact Heather Dickman, Regional Recruiter at 443-860-5575 or email your resume directly to me at email@example.com. I look forward to speaking with you
• Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist physician in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and services for quality patient care; record the normal and abnormal data for review by the physician.
• Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations; write progress notes; prepare patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive and negative findings; obtain psychosocial history relevant to patient care, and assume responsibility for developing therapeutic relationships with patients.
• Order and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
• Carry out therapeutic procedures such as cast application and removal, wound suturing and dressing changes; monitor progress of patients, report progress to supervising physician, and maintain record of each patient's progress, consulting with supervising physician when patient's progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
• Provide patient education.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Work requires completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner program. Active state nursing license required.
• Prefer at least 1 year of experience as a Nurse Practitioner in a hospital or related medical facility.
• Must pass all required Maxim screening tests with an 80% or greater.
• Clear criminal background screening.
• Current BLS card.
• ACLS/PALS per contract requirement.
• Current TB results or chest x-ray.
• Current physical exam per state regulations or contract requirements.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.
Related Keywords: r.n., rn, registered nurse, nursing, er, emergency room, licensed practical nurse, medical, surgical, obstetrics, operating, pediatrics, intensive care unit, lpn, l.p.n., icu, i.c.u., E.R.