Maxim Healthcare Services in Wilmington, DE is actively hiring for a bilingual Registered Nurse to work full-time in a brand new charter school! This is a Monday-Friday position, working 8:00am-3:45pm. This position is temporary, with the potential for temporary-permanent.
-Active Registered Nursing license in Delaware
-bilingual strongly preferred
If you or someone you know is qualified and interested, please have them call the office at (302)477-1301. We can go over additional details of the position and the process for moving forward.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Maxim Healthcare Services
• Develops policies, procedures and work standards for school health program.
• Monitors compliance of school health program with federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies.
• Initiates program changes as needed.
• Manages program allotment efficiently.
• Prepares health reports for supervisor, board of education and health department.
• Collaborates with other child-support agencies in designing and providing a school health program.
• Negotiates professional and medical services essential to the school health program.
• Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
• Maintains security of school health supplies.
• Instructs students in health education according to the state curriculum (K-12).
• Serves as a resource person on health issues.
• Provides staff development on health-related topics for school staff and volunteers.
• Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff.
• Provides follow-up evaluations on students as required.
• Recommends corrective action where problems are identified.
• Conducts home visits when appropriate.
• Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
• Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
• Considerable knowledge of medical disorders and treatment.
• Considerable knowledge of child growth and development.
• Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies.
• Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
• Some knowledge of the school organization and the community served.
• Ability to identify abnormal growth and development and symptoms of disease.
• Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the school, local health agency, and other community resources.
• Ability to develop and maintain health records on students.
• Ability to develop positive working relationships.
• Other duties as assigned
• Current nursing license for the state in which the nurse practices.
• Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
• Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
• Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
• One year prior professional nursing experience preferred.
• Current BLS card.
• Successful completion of screening tests for the clinical specialty area(s) in which the nurse practices with a score of 80% or greater
• Maxim background screening
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.