Maxim Healthcare is seeking a Psychiatric LPN to work a full time, temp to perm contract at a local Mental Health facility.
• Responsible for all issues pertaining to the administration and ordering of medication, blood draws, nursing assessments, and patient care.
• The individual will be responsible for taking of medication orders and transcribing to MAR, administration of medications, ordering medications from the pharmacy, daily count of stock medications and narcotics, and keeping Medication Room up to agency standards.
• Take temperatures, pulse, blood pressure, and weight per program guidelines as well as blood draws as ordered by Physician and completing required paperwork.
• Responsible for taking urine samples as needed and completing all necessary paperwork and following nursing standards related to this process.
• Employee maintains the integrity of the clinical record through timely and accurate completion of all required paperwork.
• Documentation required is program specific and employee shall submit paperwork to appropriate departments as required.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be able to communicate effectively and participate in both verbal and physical de-escalation techniques. Ability to excel in a stressful, constantly changing environment is required.
• Current LPN license.
• Prefer at least 1 year of experience in a psychiatric acute care hospital or related clinic.
• Current BLS card.
• Current physical exam per state or contract requirements.
• Successful completion of Maxim screening tests with a score of 80% or greater.
• Must pass criminal background screening.
• Current TB test or chest x-ray.
• PALS/ACLS if per contract requirements
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.