The ICU/CCU RN is a member of the Critical Care Department and manages patients with multi-system failure and a variety of life threatening illnesses. The ICU/CCU nurse assumes responsibility and accountability for assigned patients and is responsible to the Clinical Manager of client facility designee
• Performs specific treatments as ordered by the physician and under the supervision of the RN, ARNP, or MD.
• Initiates an accurate individualized patient assessment based on presenting problems or needs and the medical diagnosis within the time frame specified by client facility policy, procedures and protocols.
• Completes ongoing assessments as determined by patient condition and/or unit policy.
• Provides for individualized patient/family education, discharge planning with special consideration to the growth and developmental needs of the patient.
• Performs therapeutic nursing interventions as directed by client facility policy, procedure and protocols.
• Documents patient physical/psychological responses to nursing intervention and progress toward problem resolution.
• Documents patient status upon transfer or discharge.
• Practices according to client facility safety and infection control policy, procedures and protocols.
• Initiates and follows established standards in emergency situations.
• Maintains confidentiality in matters relating to patient, family and staff.
• Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift.
• Participates in a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care.
• Remains competent and current in nursing practice and engages in educational activities.
• Shows evidence of having graduated from an accredited school of nursing.
• Current, legal license in good standing in state of practice.
• Shows evidence of one year recent experience in ICU, CCU, PICU, NICU or emergency medicine.
• Achieves 80% or greater on competency test(s).
• Prefers evidence of ACLS, PALS, NRP certification.
• Shows evidence of CEU requirements for the state of practice.
• Demonstrates the ability to assume a leadership role in a crisis situation.
• Demonstrates clinical competence specific to intensive care.
• Demonstrates the ability to work with patient growth and development needs across the specific unit to assignments.
• Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment.
• Demonstrates a full range of body motion in a regular performance of duties on a daily basis.
• Must be able to work with frequent interruptions.
• 1-3 years complex job related experience, PALS, BLS, and ACLS, as required.
• Educational requirements contained in this field supersede any educational requirements
• Successful completion of Maxim background screening and hiring process.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.