The Registered Nurse will be responsible for planning and administering care of the patient undergoing diagnostic Endoscopy procedures.
• Applies the nursing process to assess pain, plan, implement and evaluate the care of the patient undergoing a diagnostic endoscopy.
• Assess physical, psychological, psychosocial and educational needs of the patient.
• Provides patient with explanations of procedures and treatments.
• Demonstrates awareness and respects all patient’s rights, privacy and confidentiality.
• Treats all patients with dignity and respect.
• Assists physician with all endoscopy procedures including colonoscopy, bronchoscopy, EGD, PEG tube placement, and ERCP.
• Follows facility guidelines in the assessment, care and evaluation of the patient receiving conscious sedation.
• Follows facility policy to administer and monitor IV conscious sedation in a safe and effective manner.
• Documents assessment, administration and patient’s response to conscious sedation according to facility policy and procedure.
• Monitors and documents to each intervention during the endoscopy procedure.
• Demonstrates safety and accuracy in the administration, monitoring and documentation of all treatments, medications, and IV therapies.
• Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for the patient.
• Responds immediately and appropriately to emergencies or acute changes in patient status.
• Provides Pathologist with accurate and complete information regarding specimen collection.
• Adheres to and applies all principles of infection control during endoscopic procedures, with the disinfection and sterilization of equipment, use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and disposing of biomedical/hazardous waste.
• Ensures appropriate care, maintenance and safe handling of scopes at all times.
• Applies cautery-grounding pad appropriately.
• Adheres to facility guidelines in use of gluteraldehyde/Steris.
• Assures Endoscopy Department Discharge Criteria are met before discharging patient.
• Ensures the discharge process provides continuing care based on assessed needs of the patient and communicates explicit time/action discharge instructions using simple terminology.
• Uses sound clinical judgment with all nursing responsibilities.
• Effectively communicates and collaborates with other members of the health care team to address patient’s needs and generate safe patient outcomes.
• Supports professional practice by observing the following:
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state in which he/she practices.
• Documentation and confirmation of one (1) year experience in a GI/Endo lab within the last three years preferred.
• Documentation and confirmation of at least one (1) year experience with IV Conscious Sedation within the last three years preferred.
• Current BLS and ACLS cards.
• Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
• Physical dexterity and perceptive acuity (e.g., visual, hearing) to satisfactorily perform all required duties.
• Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
• Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
• Successful completion of Maxim screening for the clinical specialty area(s) with a score of 80% or greater.
• Successful completion of Maxim background screening and hiring process.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.