Cancer Center: Experienced Infusion RN Position Openings (Sacramento)
Travel and Temp to Perm Opportunities
*New positions available for experienced Infusion RNs to work in a newly expanded cancer center within the Sacramento area. We are looking for Registered Nurses who are comfortable working in an oncology setting and have at least 2 years experience with outpatient infusion. Nurses will be expected to work with a high volume of patients and ideally have completed the ONS/ONCC Chemotherapy Biotherapy course. Any interested candidates will need to be willing to do an in person interview with the center managers. This is a fulltime position, and nurses are set on a schedule to work standard outpatient clinic hours. Accepted candidates will be considered as travelers to start and can be considered for fulltime positions, assuming they meet stipulated hiring requirements. All applicants must have an active CA RN license, BLS, OCN and paid time experience as a RN.
Don't miss your chance to get a fulltime job in Sacramento's top cancer center.
All interested candidates, please respond to this posting with a copy of your updated resume and current contact information. The nurse recruiting department will be in contact with all qualified candidates to set up interview times. If you are an infusion nurse, and would like to know more about the position, feel free to contact the office at 916-614-9539 during standard business hours, and ask to speak with a recruiter
• Provides specialized oncology nursing care to patients in a hospital or clinic setting.
• Performs nursing procedures and prescribed medical treatments.
• Observes and assesses chemotherapy patients' conditions.
• Assures patient safety and stability; reports significant changes to supervisor or physician; records nursing notes on patient chart.
• Interviews and observes patients to as certain medical history and current condition; reviews patients’ records; takes vital signs, assesses current condition and pain level.
• Administers chemotherapy, blood products, IV fluids and medications.
• Validates chemotherapy doses for accuracy.
• Reviews and carries out physician’s orders.
• Reports progress and unusual occurrences.
• Identifies patient needs and healthcare problems; develops goals, service delivery protocols, and nursing plan of care; evaluates patient progress and modifies care plans as needed.
• Records and reports all information within scope of authority.
• Performs assessment of patients; evaluates symptoms, and determines essential
• Care required.
• Prepares patients for physician’s examination, and assists in examination and treatment of patient.
• Educates patients and families about cancer diagnosis, prognosis and treatment options.
• Instructs individual patients and family on follow-up care, toxicity and side effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
• Assists in assessment of pain management.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be able to communicate effectively.
• Current RN license.
• Prefer at least 1 year of experience in oncology
• Current BLS card.
• Current physical exam per state or contract requirements.
• Successful completion of Maxim screening tests with a score of 80% or greater.
• Must pass criminal background screening.
• Current TB test or chest x-ray.
• PALS/ACLS if per contract requirements.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.