Maxim healthcare currently has openings for Tele/MS nurses and psych openings at the VA in La Jolla. We are looking for high skilled RN's that are looking to start a new opportunity. We are offering competitive pay and full benefits. We do require at least on year of prior experience in the specialty you are applying for. Please look below:
• One year in the last 3 experience in unit you are applying for
• No felonies and no more than 1 misdemeanor
• Have open availability. We can request a certain shift on your behalf but cannot guarantee they will get it so you have to be willing to do AM and PM shift
• Pay rates do not change at all. There is no negotiation based on experience and no pay differential for working NOC shift.
• Being a veteran is a plus.
• The on boarding process has a ton of computer work involved and is really time consuming. Because it’s a gov contract they go thru about 5 different backgrounds so I always like to make sure you are well aware of that.
• Do you have any felonies or misdemeanors on your record? If so please explain.
• Must have experience in both med/surg units and Telemetry.
• The unit we have the most difficulty staffing
• Pro Act/ CPI training required. Can be done with Terez.
• Locked and unlocked psych unit experience needed
• Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care on telemetry unit
• Performs focused interview to identify specific patients needs.
• Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition.
• Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
• Documents the patient’s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
• Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon patient care requirements.
• Monitors consistency between patient plan of care and actions of medical staff.
• Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard.
• Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
• Initiates and evaluates patient and/or family education.
• Revises the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, effective/ineffective nursing interventions.
• Documents patient’s response to nursing and other interventions.
• Uses clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs of an assigned unit/floor including establishing priorities.
• Monitors safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
• Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4) Joint Commission, state and local laws; 5) Patient’s Bill of Rights; and 6) Maxim Healthcare, nursing and client hospital policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Current Registered/ Licensed Practical Nurse License for the state in which the nurse practices.
• Full command, verbal and written, of the English language
• Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
• Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
• One year prior professional nursing experience preferred with one year Telemetry experience Preferred.
• Current BLS card
• Successful completion of screening tests for the clinical specialty area(s) in which the LPN/RN practices with a score of 80% or greater.
• Maxim Background Screening
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.