We are looking for a NICU RN to work the day shift for a hospital in Valencia, Ca. The shifts more than likely will be split into 3, 12 hour shifts. Applicants should have at least 2 years of NICU experience, and have worked with vents, trachs, and g-tubes. Travel experience is preferred, but not a requirement for this position. We offer competitive pay, stipends, housing, and first day benefits, so if you're interested, please respond with an updated resume containing 2 professional references, or call 661-322-6428.
CA RN license CPR Certs: BLS and ACLS
2 Years NICU experience
• Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care of the neonatal patient.
• Performs focused interview to identify specific patients needs.
• Assesses signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in patient’s condition.
• Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
• Documents patient’s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
• Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon patient care requirements.
• Performs interventions according to identified priorities, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard.
• Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
• Initiates and evaluates family education.
• Revises the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions.
• Documents patient’s response to nursing and other interventions.
• Uses clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs of an assigned unit/floor including establishing priorities.
• Monitors safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
• Participates in activities to facilitate good interpersonal communications with chosen facility.
• Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4) Joint Commission, state and local laws; 5) Patient’s Bill of Rights; and 6) Maxim Healthcare, nursing and client hospital policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Current Registered Nurse license for the state in which the nurse practices.
• Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
• Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
• Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
• One year NICU experience preferred.
• Current BLS
• NRP card per contract.
• Successful completion of screening tests for the clinical specialty area(s) in which the RN practices, with a score of 80% or greater.
• Maxim background screening.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.