Around the middle of November 2013, a new correctional facility should be opening in California City, Ca. Currently, they are in need of number of RNs along with LVNs. The basics for either position would be to have a current license of the certification that you carry, along with your CPR having been completed using American Heart Association. Corrections require that nurses have at least 1 year of continuous experience within the past 3 years. Upon hiring, one would need to have a TB test done within 30 days of starting at the institute. The ideal candidate is one that is very flexible, willing to work at all times of the day. Also, nurses need to be hard working, disciplined, and committed to being on time. If you feel you meet this criterion, please respond with an up to date resume to this post, thanks.
Qualified candidates please reply to this post with a copy of your resume attached.
CA certification license
CPR Certification completed by American Heart
1 year of continuous experience within past 3 years; two professional references listed on the resume
• Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
• Performs focused interview to identify specific patients needs.
• Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition.
• Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
• Documents the patient’s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
• Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon patient care requirements.
• Monitors consistency between patient plan of care and actions of medical staff.
• Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard.
• Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
• Initiates and evaluates patient and/or family education.
• Revises the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions.
• Documents patient’s response to nursing and other interventions.
• Uses clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs of an assigned unit/floor including establishing priorities.
• Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
• Participates in activities to facilitate good interpersonal communications with the chosen facility.
• Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4)
JCAHO, state and local laws; 5) Patient’s Bill of Rights; and 6) Maxim Healthcare, nursing and client hospital policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Current Registered Nurse License for the state in which the nurse practices.
• One year of full-time experience providing hands-on health care.
• Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
• Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
• Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
• One year prior professional nursing experience preferred.
• Current BLS card.
• Successful completion of screening tests for the clinical specialty area(s) in which the RN practices with a score of 80% or greater.
• Maxim background screening.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.