The Registered Nurse is employed by Maxim Staffing Solutions performs scrubbing and/or circulating duties for operative procedures; department admissions to the operative suite. He/she is responsible to the Nurse Manager and is directly supervised by the RN in the operating rooms to which he/she is assigned for duty.
Currently we have 4 openings for 13 week contracts at one of Tucson's most elite hospitals. OR Travel RN's are welcom.
• Demonstrates and practices aseptic techniques.
• Adheres to standards and appropriate aseptic techniques, including:
1) pre-operative hand scrub
2) gowning and gloving
3) instrumentation and supply set up
• Sets up room for surgical procedures and identifies instrumentation and supplies.
• Sets up room quickly and correctly, with minimal supervision
• Pulls correct instruments and supplies
• When scrubbed, sets up back table and Mayo stand according to facility's procedures.
• Demonstrates ability to concentrate and quickly respond appropriately to directions given by circulating RN or physician(s).
• As a circulating, nurse, assists the scrubbed team for additional staff, supplies, procedures, and other services.
• Participates in all instrument, sponge counts, and other counts as designated by the facility's policies and procedures; to maintain a safe patient care environment.
• Maintains and updates surgeon's procedure preference cards as changes occur.
• Maintains supplies in assigned operating room.
• Fosters a cooperative effort in meeting the goals of nursing and sharing the workload.
• Communicates a positive and caring attitude toward the area, peers, staff, patients, and other contacts; demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in meeting the needs of client facilities, patients, and staff.
• Seeks guidance, direction, and assistance when needed.
• Identifies own limitations and seeks guidance as required.
• Recognizes and utilizes appropriate lines of communication.
• Accurately communicates needs to co-workers and supervision.
• Maintains confidentiality of all patients, and hospital-related communications/documents.
• Maintains clinical skills and expands knowledge base through participation in continuous education programs.
• Assumes responsibility for self development.
• Seeks to obtain a level 3 proficiency in his/her area(s) of clinical expertise.
• Keeps informed of changes in practice through organizational participation and/or reading current literature.
• Uses knowledge and practice in accordance with:
1) standards of patient care
2) JCAHO, State, and local laws
3) Patient's Bill of Rights
4) Maxim's nursing and client facility policies and procedures
5) Professional standards
• Documents activities according to facility policies and procedures.
• Represents the Surgical Services as a responsible paraprofessional in appearance and demeanor.
• After accepting a Maxim Healthcare facility assignment, arrives at the facility before the schedules shift starts to sign in at the nursing office and report to the unit on time for orientation and/or report.
1) Work assignments are completed during the assigned shift, unless overtime is approved by the Area or Facility Supervisor.
2) Dress/attire worn to the hospital is clean and professional. Wears and uses designated surgical attire appropriately.
3) Serves as a role model through the support of other facility and Maxim co-workers, adheres to specific facility/unit standards.
CRITICAL ELEMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL EXPOSURE:
• Able to stand for prolonged periods of time during surgical procedures and bending over equipment and patients for extended periods of time. (15-30 min.)
• Able to wear layers of operating room clothing and masks in an aseptic environment for prolonged periods of time.
• High risk for exposure to body fluids.
• High risk for exposure to lacerations, puncture wounds from sharp instruments.
• Moderate risk for exposure to electrical shock from use of electrical equipment.
• Occasional exposure to x-ray and fluoro rays during procedures.
• Occasional exposure to infections.
• Some exposure to odor.
• Lift 75 pounds and support up to 250 pounds.
• Transfer adult patients up to 250 pounds and 6.5 feet tall.
• Other duties as assigned
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state in which he/she practices
• Documentation and confirmation of one year of operating room clinical experience in an acute care hospital within the last three years preferred. Page 3 of 4 RN Surgical Services OR
• Current BLS card.
• Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
• Physical dexterity and perceptive acuity (e.g., visual, hearing) to satisfactorily perform all required duties.
• Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
• Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
• Successful completion of the Maxim screening for the clinical specialty area(s) with score of 80% or higher.
• Maxim background screening.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.